Thursday, December 11, 2014

Top 25 Albums of 2014


Here are my favorite albums of the year. I also posted a songs list yesterday, and my music awards post should be up tomorrow.

25. Run the Jewels 2 - Run the Jewels

Stream the album here.

24. They Want My Soul - Spoon

Stream the album here.

23. Blank Project - Neneh Cherry

Stream the album here.

22. Are We There - Sharon Van Etten

Stream the album here.

21. The Future's Void - EMA

Stream the album here.

20. It's Album Time - Todd Terje

Stream the album here.

19. 1000 Forms of Fear - Sia

Stream the album here.

18. Turn Blue - The Black Keys

Stream the album here.

17. X - Ed Sheeran

Stream the album here.

16. No Mythologies to Follow - MØ

Stream the album here.

15. Luminous - The Horrors

Stream the album here.

14. Innerworld - Electric Youth

Check out tracks here and here.

13. Nikki Nack - tUnE-yArDs

Check out tracks here and here.

12. Goddess - BANKS

Check out tracks here and here.

11. Rave Tapes - Mogwai

Stream the album here.

10. Morning Phase - Beck

Check out tracks here and here.

9. SUCKER - Charli XCX

Check out tracks here and here.

8. Music for Museum - Air

Check out tracks here and here.

7. Strange Desire - Bleachers

Stream the album here.

6. Lost in the Dream - The War on Drugs

Stream the album here.

5. Tough Love - Jessie Ware

Check out tracks here and here.

4. Lazaretto - Jack White

Check out tracks here and here.

3. Trouble in Paradise - La Roux

Stream the album here.

2. St. Vincent - St. Vincent

Stream the album here.

1. LP1 - FKA twigs

Check out tracks here and here.

10 comments:

  1. This year has been all about Morning Phase for me. I still listen to that album often months later and love it more and more.

    I am going to have to check out some of these albums I'm not familiar with though because our taste definitely overlaps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Morning Phase has fluctuated throughout the year for me. It didn't make my list for the first half of 2014, but it's grow on me since I listened to it again recently.

      Nice. Hope you find something you like.

      Delete
  2. We have a few in common in our top 25s, love albums by St. Vincent, Jack White,The War on Drugs, Beck, The Horrors, & The Black Keys.
    I had Neneh Cherry in my top 10 for a while, but the album fell off the more I listened to it.
    Innerworld is an album where I feel it has awesome individual tracks (Runaway, Innocence, The Best Thing, A Real Hero) but also quite a lot of weaker filler tracks, the album would still place in my top 30 though.
    wow, didn't even know about Music for Museum by Air, gonna check that out soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I noticed on your Amazon list that we had some overlap, which is great. :)

      Innerworld used to be in my top 5. I've listened to it several times, and I love every track, even if several of them are old ones. (Of course, I love almost everything that College and Electric Youth do anyway.) It's awesome that it would still make your top 30!

      I didn't know about Music for Museum for the longest time. It had a quiet, limited vinyl release early in the year, and I almost missed it. Fortunately, it can be streamed online.

      Delete
  3. Sadly, I've only heard one of these abums- Run the Jewels 2. It's a good one, but still only one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like that album. I would've missed it, if not for Metacritic.

      Delete
  4. Great list! My personal favourite of the year is Ultraviolence, I just loved that album so much. Also, because of your lists, I've started listening to so many new kinds of music. Thanks for that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I liked Ultraviolence, but it didn't come close to being one of my favorites of the year.

      Yay! You're welcome!

      Delete
  5. I’ve heard nothing but good things about LP1 and St. Vincent, so I need to give those a spin immediately. Great list all told. My favorite album from 2014 was White Sea’s In Cold Blood. Love that album.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much man. Really appreciate you stopping by and commenting on these.

      You definitely should check out LP1 and St. Vincent if you're interested. I somehow missed In Cold Blood, so I'll have to check it out.

      Delete