Monday, January 25, 2016

Top 10 Most Anticipated Movies of 2016

Suicide Squad looks like a blast.

Before 1/12 of the year is gone, here are some films I'm looking forward to in 2016. Note: I left out films (like Knight of Cups, The Lobster, Silence, Sing Street, Genius, High-Rise, Wait, Glassland, The Light Between Oceans, Demolition, The Secret Scripture, Midnight Special, Trespass Against Us, Money Monster, and Jane Got a Gun) that were expected to be released in 2015. Also, I’m not counting on another Terrence Malick film, apart from Knight of Cups, being released this year.

20 Extra Films:

Finding Dory (dir. Andrew Stanton), Una (dir. Benedict Andrews), Nocturnal Animals (dir. Tom Ford), HHHH (dir. Cédric Jimenez), American Honey (dir. Andrea Arnold), Untitled WWII Romantic Thriller (dir. Robert Zemeckis), Certain Women (dir. Kelly Reichardt), The Lost City of Z (dir. James Gray), Julieta (dir. Pedro Almodóvar), Untitled Woody Allen Film (dir. Woody Allen), The Witch (dir. Robert Eggers), Equals (dir. Drake Doremus), Gold (dir. Stephen Gaghan), War Machine (dir. David Michôd), The Magnificent Seven (dir. Antoine Fuqua), Assassin’s Creed (dir. Justin Kurzel), Love & Friendship (dir. Whit Stillman), The BFG (dir. Steven Spielberg), War on Everyone (dir. John Michael McDonagh), Hacksaw Ridge (dir. Mel Gibson)

10. Suicide Squad (dir. David Ayer)

9. Hail, Caesar! (dir. Joel Coen and Ethan Coen)

8. La La Land (dir. Damien Chazelle)

7. The Unknown Girl (dir. Jean-Pierre and Luc Dardenne)

6. Manchester by the Sea (dir. Kenneth Lonergan)

5. The Nice Guys (dir. Shane Black)

4. It’s Only the End of the World (dir. Xavier Dolan)

3. The Neon Demon (dir. Nicolas Winding Refn)

2. Untitled Bourne Sequel (dir. Paul Greengrass)

1. Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (dir. Gareth Edwards)

8 comments:

  1. It's Only the End of the World.

    The End.

    OMG.

    I need it now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent list. Here's my top 10:

    1. Rogue One
    2. Zootopia
    3. Suicide Squad
    4. Hail, Caesar!
    5. X-Men: Apocalypse
    6. Ghostbusters
    7. The Witch
    8. The Huntsman: Winter's War
    9. La La Land
    10. Money Monster

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Love your picks. If I hadn't had Money Monster on my radar last year, it probably would've made my top 10.

      Delete
  3. The Witch, Suicide Squad and the Neon Demon are on my list too! nice Guys looks hysterical

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Haha, I can't wait to see The Nice Guys!

      Delete
  4. Great list! Of your top 10, I'm especially looking forward to the films by Lonergan, Dolan, Edwards and Refn. I compiled my own on letterboxd: https://letterboxd.com/mas365/list/anticipated-2015-2016-2017/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chris! I want to see a lot of the films on your list. I don't think we'll get The Death and Life of John F. Donovan in 2016, so I didn't include it. Hope I'm wrong. ;)

      Delete