Saturday, January 13, 2018

2014 CinSpec Awards


Here's the latest ballot update, with a batch of new nominees and some new winners. As a reminder, these are based on first theatrical release. The Immigrant, We Are the Best!, Le Week-End, Only Lovers Left Alive, Ida, Mood Indigo, Snowpiercer, The Zero Theorem, and The Tale of the Princess Kaguya have moved to 2013 for consideration.

I still need to see films like Timbuktu, National Gallery, The Tribe, Saint Laurent, Eden, Horse Money, Tokyo Tribe, Li’l Quinquin, Yves Saint Laurent, Black Coal, Thin Ice, Hide Your Smiling Faces, Top Five, Kill the Messenger, The Better Angels, A Master Builder, The Toy Soldiers, Camp X-Ray, The Gambler, Tusk, and Men, Women & Children.


















6 comments:

  1. Happy to see the love for Mommy. It's an excellent movie. I love Cotillard, awesome in this movie, and the noms for Dorval and Mbatha-Raw. However, I this year was all about Rosamund Pike for me. She blew me away in Gone Girl. If you haven't seen it, her performance is worth the time. Of the movies you haven't seen, I've only seen Top Five, which I really enjoyed. Another couple not mentioned here that I really like: Nightcrawler, Blue Ruin, and Selma. My 2014 awards:

    http://dellonmovies.blogspot.com/2015/11/the-2014-dellies.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen Gone Girl a couple of times. Pike would make my top 10. Oh, I really like those 3 you mentioned as well. My ballots are usually overcrowded, leading to several snubs.

      I love that win for The Raid 2. Those movies are awesome. And PTA for Director! Love it.

      Delete
  2. Sad to see smoe of the old winners go. The one thing I hate doing with my awards (which I'm thinking od skipping this year actually) is nominating the same films over and over and over. Also I've seen Moomy a couple years ago now, and tbh I judt don't get the hype. Yeah it's good but I think I was set up to be dissapointed by all the glowing praise I'd seen it get lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, your comment ended up in my spam folder. Lol, I still love Mommy.

      Delete
  3. Nice picks here. Love that Cotillard wins out but man, I still can't believe I hadn't seen Mommy! I need to have a Dolan marathon one day soon.

    ReplyDelete